3.20.2009

St. Patrick's Day, Vernal Equinox


It's the first day of Spring ... the temperature is supposed to be rising into the low 60s later today, though there are still significant traces of snow here and there. This sketch is from a few days ago, when I had lunch at The Breakfast Club - I know that doesn't sound quite right, but it's a good restaurant, especially for breakfast, and they do a good lunch, too. So good, in fact, that my wife and I often remark how we wish it was open for dinner ... but it's not. Since it was St. Patrick's Day, they were serving corned beef for lunch, but I went for a Reuben instead - not terribly Irish, but it just sounded good to me that day. The view from my window seat was across the street to the Prichard Gallery, which is run by the College of Art and Architecture here at the University of Idaho, and where I've shown my work each year since 2004 in the annual faculty show. The green ink seemed appropriate for the holiday and the coming of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.