3.30.2009

DCA Conference


Had a great few days in Marietta, GA, at the end of last week - attending the Design Communication Association Conference at Southern Poly. This is far and away my favorite academic conference ... topics that are very interesting to me and discussion that is both challenging and supportive. I did this sketch during a lecture by Lars Spuybroek. It was fun to draw while listening and occasionally looking at the images.






Also at the conference is a juried drawing exhibit, and I received the Shari Park-Gates Juror's Award for the print seen here. It's a collection of the sketches I made last summer in Italy, arranged along a timeline. There were 90+ entries submitted to the exhibition, of which 45 were selected for display and 5 received awards - so I was thrilled by the honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.